I purchased a new device. How do I remove Internet Security from my old device?
Anytime you purchase a new computer, smartphone, or tablet, it is recommended that you protect your new device with Internet Security and Password Security. To remove Internet Security from your old device and protect your new one, you will need to follow these steps:
- Log in
from a computer or use the TDS MyAccount app on your phone.
- Click the Internet link near the top of the page then click Overview.
- Click the Go To Security Portal link.
- Find the device you are currently protecting and click on it.
- Click the Release License link.
- Confirm you want to remove protection from this device by clicking the Release License button.
Once the license has been released, you can install Internet Security on the new device.
- Click the Add Device button.
- Confirm that My Device or My Child’s Device is highlighted then click Continue.
- Follow the Prompts to complete the installation on your new device.
To download Password Security on your new device, click on the Password Manager tab in the top left corner of the Security Portal. Then click Install Now.