Guidelines for Submitting Spam Abuse Complaints
Due to the volume of email our Abuse Department receives, they cannot respond to each message individually. Abuse will look at all incoming messages and take the necessary steps to resolve each individual issue.
- TDS does not give out any personal information. The Abuse Team will handle all situations and take any appropriate action as necessary. For legal matters, personal or technical information will only be released if a subpoena is provided and is approved by the TDS Legal department.
- Reports of Spam or junk mail being sent from TDS customers must include complete email headers in the body of the message along with the original message. Complaints that only contain a header and no message will not be processed.
- Virus complaints must include complete email headers in the body of the message along with the message. Complaints that only contain a header and no message will not be processed.
- Newsgroup spam complaints must include the full NNTP posting header, and NNTP posting host in the body of the message along with the spam post. Complaints that only contain a header and no message will not be processed.
- Hacking or port scan complaints must include a log file with destination and source IP addresses, date, time and time zone.
- Logs/complaints older than 7 days will not be processed except as required by law.
- All logs must be sent in ASCII (plain text) format. Logs sent as a graphic file, or Word or Excel formats will not be accepted.
- All information must be sent in the body of the message, attachments will not be opened.
- Only complaints concerning TDS customers will be accepted. Complaints concerning non-TDS customer will be ignored.