Configure Outlook Express for your TDS Email Account
Former Bendbroadband customers
Configuring Outlook Express
- Browse to hellotds.com.
- Navigate to "Email Access" under "My Account/Login".
- Once you have accepted our Terms of Service and have viewed your inbox you can move to the next step.
- Once successfully logged in, click on Settings at the top of the page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable POP for all mail and click Save Changes.
- Open Outlook Express.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Accounts.
- Click Add, and then click Mail.
- Fill out the following information:
- Display Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the "From:" field of outgoing messages, Then click Next.
- Email Address: Your full TDS email address. Then click Next.
- Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server: Mail.tds.net
- Click Next.
- Account Name: Your full TDS email address
- Password: Your TDS email password.
- Then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Highlight Mail.tds.net under Account, and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Fill in the following information:
- Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'.
- Enter 587 in the Outgoing mail (SMTP): field.
- Under Incoming mail (POP3), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'. The port will change to 995.
- Note: The order of Outgoing and Incoming mail server fields varies by version. Make sure you enter the correct information in each field.
- Return to the Servers tab, and check the box next to 'My server requires authentication'.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
- Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve messages.
Former Bendbroadband accounts use the following settings instead of the ones listed below in the step by step instructions.
Incoming server: pop-server.bendbroadband.com
: (IMAP) Port 143 (POP3) Port 110
Outgoing server: smtp-server.bendbroadband.com
: (IMAP or SMTP) Port 25
Secure Authentication: checked yes
Optional setting: (IMAP or SMTP) Port 465
Transport Layer Security (TLS)*: checked yes
*On some devices, TLS may not be an option, in which case checking Secure Socket Layer (SSL) may allow TLS